Walk Carroll is a long-term walking and exercise program designed to inspire anyone who lives, works, or plays in Carroll County to engage in regular physical activity. To participate, simply track your physical activity and try to reach the CDC-recommended goal of 150 minutes or more each week. With Walk Carroll, you can enjoy free group walking events all over Carroll County. Join us for fun walks, health information, cool giveaways, raffles, healthy snacks, activities for children, and more!
- Walk Carroll Passport to Wellness – Download, print, and fill in the new Walk Carroll Passport to be eligible for great prizes. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD & PRINT: print on both sides and cut in half to make 2 Passports.
- May through October 2015 – Westminster Trekkin’ Tuesdays – CLICK HERE to view flyer.
A printable 12-week activity log is also available – see below.
Local Walk Carroll walking clubs are forming! Join or start a new group in your area for regular walks with neighbors and friends.
Clubs are now active in:
9:30 a.m. on Tuesday and Friday.
- New Windsor
Town Hall of New Windsor
5:30 p.m. on alternate Tuesdays, with Mayor Neal Roop
- North Carroll
Walks alternate between Leister Park and Cape Horn Park. Call to confirm location.
9:00 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Taneytown Branch Library
9:15 a.m. Friday
Landon C. Burns Park
5:00 p.m. Monday. Location may vary; call to confirm.
Please contact the project coordinator to confirm the exact times and locations of walks – these may vary.
Local club information and sign-up sheets can also be found at most CCPL library branches.
There is no fee to join a walking club. If there is no walking club in your area, call or email to find out about starting your own!
- About Walk Carroll (pdf)
- CDC Physical Activity Guidelines
- 12-week printable activity log (pdf)
- Exercise Equivalents (pdf)
For more information, or to request Walk Carroll updates by email, contact: