Walk Carroll is a long-term walking and exercise program designed to inspire anyone who lives, works, or plays in Carroll County to engage in regular physical activity. To participate, simply track your physical activity and try to reach the CDC-recommended goal of 150 minutes or more each week. With Walk Carroll, you can enjoy free group walking events all over Carroll County. Join us for fun walks, health information, cool giveaways, raffles, healthy snacks, activities for children, and more!
- April 18, 2015 – Year Two Kick-Off! Celebrate the first year of Walk Carroll and help us kick off Year Two at the Carroll County Farm Museum on Saturday, April 18. Stop by between 9 a.m. and 12 noon for group walks of various distances, health resources, information on walking clubs, giveaways, and raffles. All ages and physical activity levels are welcome. CLICK HERE for the event flyer.
- May 15, 2015 – Marriage Relationship Education Center Family Walk and Health Fair – CLICK HERE for the flyer.
- Other upcoming walking events - CLICK HERE to view.
A 12-week activity log can also be downloaded for printing – see below.
Local Walk Carroll walking clubs are forming! Join or start a new group in your area for regular walks with neighbors and friends.
Clubs are now active in:
Sandymount Park at 9:30 on Tuesday and Friday mornings.
- Mount Airy
Watkins Park at 4:45 on Tuesday evenings.
- New Windsor
New Windsor Volunteer Fire Hall at 9:00 on Saturday mornings.
Alternate Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.
Tahoma Farms Road Trail (parking by Avondale Run Ball Field) at 3:30 on Sunday afternoons.
Please contact Victoria Barry at 410-871-7648 or VBarry@CarrollHospitalCenter.org to confirm time and location of walks, as these may vary. Local club information and sign-up sheets can also be found at most CCPL library branches.
There is no fee to join a walking club. If there is no walking club in your area, call or email to find out about starting your own!
- About Walk Carroll (pdf)
- CDC Physical Activity Guidelines
- 12-week printable activity log (pdf)
- Exercise Equivalents (pdf)
For more information, or to request Walk Carroll updates by email, contact: