The Risky Business Prevention Conference is held each year to increase awareness of risks that are a concern for youth in Carroll County. Through the conference, we hope to share practical information on the prevention of risky behaviors and ways to model healthy behaviors; resources to help encourage children/youth to practice healthy habits; and provide support through networking for those that work with Carroll County youth.
The audience consists of approximately 250-300 parents, interested citizens, and professionals from the following fields: Mental Health, Carroll County Public Schools (health teachers, guidance counselors, nurses), Private Schools, Substance Abuse / Treatment and Prevention Professionals, Carroll Hospital Center staff, Carroll County Health Department staff, Law Enforcement, Judicial Agencies, Rape Crisis Staff and Human Service Program Professionals.
Partnership Staff Contact:
- An Introduction to Human Trafficking (pdf)
- History of Illegal Drugs (pdf)
- Art for Life – Healing After Suicide (pdf)
18th Annual Risky Business Prevention Conference – June 2014: Change Your Language, Change Their Lives
17th Annual Risky Business Prevention Conference – June 2013: Understanding the Adolescent Brain
- Keynote PowerPoint presentation: “Giving a Fish a Bath ” (pdf)
- “Trouble Letting Go: Understanding Addiction and the Adolescent Brain ” (pdf)
- “Fish a Bath ” Workbook (pdf)
- Executive Function Definitions (pdf)