Maryland Health Connection is Maryland’s official health insurance marketplace. It offers Marylanders a range of health coverage options from health insurance carriers and public health care programs.
Health insurance information is available from several sources:
- For LOCAL in-person assistance in Carroll County with state-certified staff, call Healthcare Access Maryland at 410-500-4710. Help from trained staff is offered at the two locations below to shop, compare and determine eligibility for a plan that best meets your needs.
- Access Carroll, Inc.
- Carroll County Department of Social Services
Please call 410-500-4710 for available dates and times; an appointment may be required.
In addition, a list of licensed health insurance brokers in Carroll County is available through the Maryland Health Connection.
HEALTH INSURANCE BASICS
The Maryland Health Connection is Maryland’s Health Benefit Exchange. The health plans on the Health Benefit Exchange are known as Qualified Health Plans, or QHP’s. Financial aid toward monthly premium costs and out-of-pocket health expenses (such as deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance) is available to those who qualify. The amount of assistance is based on family size and household income.
MEDICAID (Medical Assistance)
Medicaid enrollment is open all year long. It assists low-income families. You can check eligibility guidelines or enroll in Medicaid at:
- the Carroll County Department of Social Services,
- the Carroll County Health Department,
- Access Carroll
- online at Maryland Health Connection.gov
- at a Navigator location – find by calling 410-500-4710.
Healthcare Access Maryland – the connector entity for Carroll: USE THIS LINK or CALL 410-500-4710 TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS LOCALLY IN CARROLL COUNTY
Maryland Health Connection.gov – Maryland’s health insurance marketplace (all counties): USE THIS LINK to ENROLL IN INSURANCE and to see if you qualify for financial assistance
Health Education & Advocacy – Office of the Maryland Attorney General