The Partnership for a Healthier Carroll County coordinates local assistance to Carroll residents seeking to enroll in health care insurance through the Maryland Health Connection.
The Partnership is the local organization working with Healthy Howards’s Door to HealthCare.
You can get help from trained staff at the locations below to shop, compare and determine eligibility for a plan that best meets your needs. Assisters can help you determine Medicaid eligibility. Navigators can do Medicaid, plus help you apply for a private insurance plan on the Health Exchange, and also determine if you are eligible for federal tax credits or subsidies to help cover your insurance costs.
An Assister or a Navigator can be found at the following locations in Carroll County:
- Access Carroll, Inc. - Assisters and Navigator
- Carroll County Department of Social Services – Navigator only
- Carroll County Health Department – Navigator only
Call 855-288-DOOR (855-288-3667) TOLL-FREE for more information
or visit the Maryland Health Connection.
HEALTH INSURANCE BASICS
The Maryland Health Connection is Maryland’s Health Benefit Exchange. The health plans on the Health Benefit Exchange are known as Qualified Health Plans, or QHP’s. Financial aid toward monthly premium costs and out-of-pocket health expenses (such as deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance) is available to those who qualify. For example: a family of 4 with a household income of $50,000 qualifies for financial aid.
MEDICAID (Medical Assistance)
Medicaid enrollment is open all year long. It assists low-income families and individuals who fall below the federal poverty level. You can check eligibility guidelines or enroll in Medicaid at:
- the Carroll County Department of Social Services
- the Carroll County Health Department
- online at MarylandSail.org
- at one of the Navigator or Assister locations, listed HERE
▪ Door to HealthCare – Connector Entity for Carroll and other Western Maryland counties
▪ Maryland Health Connection – Maryland’s health insurance marketplace (all counties)
▪ Tax Penalties Explained (PDF)
▪ Health Education & Advocacy – Office of the Maryland Attorney General
▪ HealthCare.gov – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services