Maryland Health Connection is Maryland’s official health insurance marketplace. It offers Marylanders a range of health coverage options from health insurance carriers and public health care programs.
Open Enrollment is when Marylanders can enroll in or make changes to their health insurance plans through the Maryland Health Connection. Open Enrollment was November 2016 through January 2017. Information about the next Open Enrollment period will be posted here.
Health insurance information is available from several sources:
- Visit MarylandHealthConnection.gov or call 855-642-8572
- For LOCAL in-person assistance, visit DoortoHealthCare.org or call the Door to Healthcare at 855-288-DOOR (3667) to set up an appointment in Carroll County with state-certified staff. You can get help from trained staff at the locations below to shop, compare and determine eligibility for a plan that best meets your needs. Please call or check the Door to HealthCare web site for available dates and times; some locations require an appointment –
- Access Carroll, Inc.
- Carroll County Department of Social Services
- Local branches of the Carroll County Public Library
In addition, a list of licensed health insurance brokers in Carroll County is available through the Maryland Health Connection.
HEALTH INSURANCE BASICS
The Maryland Health Connection is Maryland’s Health Benefit Exchange. The health plans on the Health Benefit Exchange are known as Qualified Health Plans, or QHP’s. Financial aid toward monthly premium costs and out-of-pocket health expenses (such as deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance) is available to those who qualify. The amount of assistance is based on family size and household income.
MEDICAID (Medical Assistance)
Medicaid enrollment is open all year long. It assists low-income families You can check eligibility guidelines or enroll in Medicaid at:
- the Carroll County Department of Social Services,
- the Carroll County Health Department,
- online at MarylandHealthConnection.gov
- at a Navigator location (find by visiting DoortoHealthCare.org or call 855-288-3667).
Door to HealthCare – the connector entity for Carroll: USE THIS LINK TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS LOCALLY IN CARROLL COUNTY
Maryland Health Connection – Maryland’s health insurance marketplace (all counties): USE THIS LINK TO ENROLL IN INSURANCE and to see if you qualify for financial assistance
Health Education & Advocacy – Office of the Maryland Attorney General